What is PlayAlong Orchestra?
PlayAlong Orchestra is your personal orchestra with which you can play hundreds of scores of classical music. You can play, print and playback with scores and voices for orchestral instruments. The program offers you a virtual orchestra, which accompanies you in playing and practicing. The download version of PlayAlong Orchestra already contains some well-known works by great composers, so that you can get started directly with the music.
In our music library you will find many more scores of classical music. If you decide to subscribe to this treasure of classical music, it costs you only 4.85 Euro per month. You can terminate this access at any time by terminating the subscription!
With PlayAlong Orchestra you become a member of an ensemble
- Choose a work from a wide selection.
- Determine the tempo at which you want to play.
- Determine the volume and the stereo position of the instruments in the mixer.
- Determine whether the existing instruments are changed to others.
- Create and print PDF documents of the score and play with it.
- Export your personal mix as an audio file for your stereo system.
- Play where and when you want: PlayAlong Orchestra is flexible and accompanies you on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
How do you use PlayAlong Orchestra?
- Install PlayAlong Orchestra on your computer or Android device. Click here to download.
- Start the app and open a score from the library.
- Select the desired tempo and start playback with a click on the Play button.
- After clicking on the mixer icon, you can adjust the instruments as desired.
If you downloaded a score, then you can use it via your account on all your devices. Whether you are using a Windows computer, an Apple system or your tablet / smartphone, PlayAlong Orchestra will accompany you when and on which device you want. With the possibility of audio export you can also create your own playbacks and save them on CD or a stick.
Download PlayAlong Orchestra or install the app using Google PlayStore on your tablet or smartphone.
How does PlayAlong Orchestra work?
The sounds of the Playalong Orchestra come from a large database of so-called samples of all instruments, that is, from a real instrument played tones, which were combined into a whole instrument by means of a complicated algorithm.
The use of samples allows things that would not be possible with an audio file of the work, but are just right for the purpose of Playalong Orchestra. This allows the tempo to be varied without altering the pitch, you are the conductor and can create your own mix of the work, both the volume of each instrument and its placement in the room.
The price of these options is, of course, a loss of sound quality, since samples never sound exactly as if the instrument were actually played. However, we are constantly working to further improve the sound quality and make these improvements as free as the program.
- The Basso Continuo Cembalo voice is only included if this is also the case in the original score. Otherwise only basso voice is shown.